ilynohomo - Staff Application

Aligatorgamer9

VIP+
Alligatorgamer9
Alligatorgamer9
VIP+
Ratings
3 1
+1 you seem like a nice person. Personally, because I mainly play survival I have not seen you in the game yet but you do offer constructive criticism on other applications making you seem like a strong but caring person. Good luck!

Ray (instanding)

MVP+
MVP
ilynohomo
ilynohomo
MVP+
Ratings
18 1
+0.5
+ Seems good
- It looks like u asked ur friends to +1 it.
- Little bit more detail by (Staff Experience)
+ Neutral!

- Racist name.
I don't get how this is a 'racist' name, furthermore, I was already planning to change it back to my original name "instanding". So please clarify on that statement, as I'm not sure on you're perspective of it. I also haven't asked anyone to +1 my thread, I can assure you that, I may have only asked one or two to give me feedback on my application, but I never told them to +1 it, and this is acceptable, however not with staff members, but thanks for the other valid points, I will try to add more detail to my 1450 word application.

Last edited:

KhiteBuilds

VIP
KhiteBuilds
KhiteBuilds
VIP
Ratings
(It’s bible study time y’all. I hope someone here remembers my first post.)

Howdy Ray! First off, you’ve included a pretty good amount of detail in your application, which is always a good sign.
If I sound harsh or anything, it’s because I’m pretty bad at expressing tone on the internet. Anyways, I hope you can come into this knowing that I’m not trying to attack you, or degrade you or your application. I try to make it a habit to suggest how people can improve certain aspects of their applications, and if you feel I don’t do that for certain points, I’ll make sure to clarify those if you want me to.

Now let’s get into the meat of things.

The first red flag I see is the relative lack of proper organization in your answer to why you want to become staff. This would be forgivable if the entire answer was relevant... But not all the information included is. You dedicate a great deal of this section to detailing how you’ve donated, and how you’re a great fit for everything that is related to Manacube, but that doesn’t answer why you want to be a staff member.

Then you say, “Being a staff member for Minecraft servers, in general, is always a goal.” This really makes me question whether you really know why you want to be a staff member. Include useful and insightful information about wanting to help players, but you don’t make that the focus. Instead, your answer mostly seems to focus on you and your unique relationship with the server, and why you think that relationship means you should be a staff member as opposed to why you want to be a staff member.

Needless to say, this is just one question, and honestly, it isn’t a make or break one either. Next ** Question **

Your skills section was mildly off-putting to read, in all honesty. This section read like someone was trying to list off all the buzzwords employers look for, as fast as possible. This would also be forgivable if the rest of the application was decently strong, in my opinion.

But then you say this:
“The members are my number one priority, even if I don't get accepted, I would still help the community, and you don't have to thank me for that, I am also an insanely fast typer, so I can assist members efficiently.”
When I read that in my head, it took me a minute to process what I was reading. Let’s break this part down, before I get too far ahead of myself though. You’re talking about how “the members” are your first priority. This immediately said to me that you think you’re not just a regular player. You’ve separated yourself from the general community by minimizing “The people” to a job that you have been tasked with. You dig your hole deeper by saying you don’t need thanks for your generous service to the community. I don’t doubt that you’re a good guy and you do probably help people out as much as you say you do, but so far you’ve only told me that you feel like you deserve to be a moderator.
When I started to get that idea from this section, it made me rethink my assessment of the first section, but I think you know how I feel about it now.

The theme of feeling that you deserve the be a staff member is consistent throughout the rest of your application, with lines such as “I believe I am the only middle-eastern (future) staff member,” and constantly referring to we, which can only be inferred to mean ‘We, the staff team.’

Personally, I feel you’re not a great fit for the staff team right now. You don’t seem to concretely know why you want to join the staff time, and you present yourself as someone who thinks they deserves to be a staff member. I don’t think anyone applies to staff without thinking that they would make a good staff member, but those who make it past the application and interviews and go on to succeed as staff members have a drive to give back, and know exactly what motivates them.
I believe you are a good arbiter of situations that staff members have to deal with, but I would encourage you to take some time to think about your motivations, and potentially rework your application to highlight them. Generally, you want to consider the good things Manacube has done for you, and not just what you have done for Manacube.

If helping others is something you’re incredibly passionate about, you should demonstrate that by explaining briefly how much it means to you, and if you’ve grown from doing so, explaining that too.
Reorganize your answers to focus on how a few specific skills you have aid you in helping others, and how you’ve helped others in the past. Pick a theme that is important to you, and run with it.
If you do decide you want to rework your application, I would be very happy to work privately with you on that, because I believe you sincerely want to be a good staff member. Just send me a private message here, or in discord.

Good luck with your application!
Sincerely,
Khite

Ray (instanding)

MVP+
MVP
ilynohomo
ilynohomo
MVP+
Ratings
18 1
(It’s bible study time y’all. I hope someone here remembers my first post.)

Howdy Ray! First off, you’ve included a pretty good amount of detail in your application, which is always a good sign.
If I sound harsh or anything, it’s because I’m pretty bad at expressing tone on the internet. Anyways, I hope you can come into this knowing that I’m not trying to attack you, or degrade you or your application. I try to make it a habit to suggest how people can improve certain aspects of their applications, and if you feel I don’t do that for certain points, I’ll make sure to clarify those if you want me to.

Now let’s get into the meat of things.

The first red flag I see is the relative lack of proper organization in your answer to why you want to become staff. This would be forgivable if the entire answer was relevant... But not all the information included is. You dedicate a great deal of this section to detailing how you’ve donated, and how you’re a great fit for everything that is related to Manacube, but that doesn’t answer why you want to be a staff member.

Then you say, “Being a staff member for Minecraft servers, in general, is always a goal.” This really makes me question whether you really know why you want to be a staff member. Include useful and insightful information about wanting to help players, but you don’t make that the focus. Instead, your answer mostly seems to focus on you and your unique relationship with the server, and why you think that relationship means you should be a staff member as opposed to why you want to be a staff member.

Needless to say, this is just one question, and honestly, it isn’t a make or break one either. Next ** Question **

Your skills section was mildly off-putting to read, in all honesty. This section read like someone was trying to list off all the buzzwords employers look for, as fast as possible. This would also be forgivable if the rest of the application was decently strong, in my opinion.

But then you say this:
“The members are my number one priority, even if I don't get accepted, I would still help the community, and you don't have to thank me for that, I am also an insanely fast typer, so I can assist members efficiently.”
When I read that in my head, it took me a minute to process what I was reading. Let’s break this part down, before I get too far ahead of myself though. You’re talking about how “the members” are your first priority. This immediately said to me that you think you’re not just a regular player. You’ve separated yourself from the general community by minimizing “The people” to a job that you have been tasked with. You dig your hole deeper by saying you don’t need thanks for your generous service to the community. I don’t doubt that you’re a good guy and you do probably help people out as much as you say you do, but so far you’ve only told me that you feel like you deserve to be a moderator.
When I started to get that idea from this section, it made me rethink my assessment of the first section, but I think you know how I feel about it now.

The theme of feeling that you deserve the be a staff member is consistent throughout the rest of your application, with lines such as “I believe I am the only middle-eastern (future) staff member,” and constantly referring to we, which can only be inferred to mean ‘We, the staff team.’

Personally, I feel you’re not a great fit for the staff team right now. You don’t seem to concretely know why you want to join the staff time, and you present yourself as someone who thinks they deserves to be a staff member. I don’t think anyone applies to staff without thinking that they would make a good staff member, but those who make it past the application and interviews and go on to succeed as staff members have a drive to give back, and know exactly what motivates them.
I believe you are a good arbiter of situations that staff members have to deal with, but I would encourage you to take some time to think about your motivations, and potentially rework your application to highlight them. Generally, you want to consider the good things Manacube has done for you, and not just what you have done for Manacube.

If helping others is something you’re incredibly passionate about, you should demonstrate that by explaining briefly how much it means to you, and if you’ve grown from doing so, explaining that too.
Reorganize your answers to focus on how a few specific skills you have aid you in helping others, and how you’ve helped others in the past. Pick a theme that is important to you, and run with it.
If you do decide you want to rework your application, I would be very happy to work privately with you on that, because I believe you sincerely want to be a good staff member. Just send me a private message here, or in discord.

Good luck with your application!
Sincerely,
Khite
Thank you for the generous feedback, I will work more on my application. I didn't mean to come off as "I deserve to be a staff member", that is a poor choice of words by both of us I feel, i will continue to contact you so you can give me further assistance as to what I am doing wrong/need improving, thank you,

Spxrklezz

MVP+
Spxrklezz
Spxrklezz
MVP+
Ratings
34 3
I never recall of ban evading.
I'm not really sure this is what I found on the Ban Page of Manacube.
One of the requirements of getting a staff is "Never been permanently banned or muted on the network" so I think you would have to explain what happened there. Like I said it might be during the period when you got hack I'm not sure, this is just my findings and im just sharing it.

Ray (instanding)

MVP+
MVP
ilynohomo
ilynohomo
MVP+
Ratings
18 1
I'm not really sure this is what I found on the Ban Page of Manacube.
One of the requirements of getting a staff is "Never been permanently banned or muted on the network" so I think you would have to explain what happened there. Like I said it might be during the period when you got hack I'm not sure, this is just my findings and im just sharing it.
I explained it to some of the staff already, however I thank you for your carefulness towards my application. <3

Last edited: