First Name
Luca

Country or Timezone
United Kingdom

Discord username
Chai_Latte#2364

---------------------------------------------

Why do you want to become staff?
Manacube is a community I really care about. That isn't just hyperbole I really do enjoy seeing it at its best; I believe it's at its best when there is a strong team of staff there to support and care for players. I would love to be part of that team, primarily to see the work that I put in translate into a better environment for the players. I genuinely regard aiding the community to be one of the most satisfying and fulfilling things that I do on Manacube. Of course, being only a normal player there is only so much I can do. I help players when they ask and try and provide a friendly experience to everyone I interact with. However, the role of helper would greatly increase the tool set I had to create the environment I want to see on the server. When a new players joins and sees a staff member help them out, they feel like they matter, I know this from my own experience on many servers. I want to be able to give that feeling to new players. I really have no desire to wield power over others for the sake of it as a staff member, but rather to help. Why do I want to be a staff member? To feel like I'm making a difference.

How long have you played on ManaCube?
I have just over 85 hours on the server, and I have been very active since I first joined a month or two ago. I realise I am not a veteran of Manacube, although I hope I've given the community enough to judge me on.

How many hours a week can you dedicate to Manacube?
I currently spend around 10-15 hours a week. Weekends and most weekdays.

What skills do you feel you have that will help the server?
I'm patient, fair and forgiving.
Some players are polite, gracious and all around an asset to the server, others come across as less so. Patience is essential when dealing with such a wide range of attitudes in a professional manor. I like to think I would have the patience to help out any player who needed it, despite any personal feeling I had towards them, which as a staff member I would keep strictly personal. I am in no way quick to anger or annoyance. I believe this is essential to having a professional staff team, and the staff on Manacube most certainly are.

This swings both ways. As a staff member I would not hold any bias in decision making. Even if I considered myself friends with anyone involved. Being fair also means being consistant. I have read and understood the rules and punishment guidelines thoroughly, and would be consistant with myself and other staff members in the decisions I make. I would never undermine another staff member by providing contradictory information or rules.

Finally, and in my opinion, most importantly: forgiving. As I mentioned earlier, for me, being a staff member is not all about whacking down the ban hammer whenever I feel like it. I absolutely recognise that bans and punishment are sometimes completely necessary, and will not hesitate to carry then out when I (and the more importantly the guidelines) deem them truly fit. However I believe there is a lot of room for error on a Minecraft server. The last thing I would want to do would be ban a member of the community who had something good to contribute. No one is perfect, and one's flaws should not ban one from achievement. I would only feel comfortable carrying out a permanent ban if I felt that user really only had negativity to bring to Manacube.

What experiences have you had which could help you as staff?
I have actually had quite a bit of experience in moderating video game communities and I am familiar with the role. I have never moderated a Minecraft server. In this regard I realise I will have a lot to learn and am more than willing to do so.
I have, however, served as an administrator on two large GarrysMod servers. (Hyplex gaming and NPI gamers) both, in there day, very large communities. I served as an active admin on hyplex for over a year before it closed.
The role was very similar to that of a Minecraft moderator.
I am doing a computer science course and know fundamentally how to code in java so even perhaps a development role on the server could be a future possibility.

What three attributes distinguish yourself from other players that qualify you to be a helper?
Along with what I mentioned earlier, I have a very good knowledge of the gamemode. I have read and have an intimate understanding of the guidlines and rules. With the start of season two there has never been more of an avalanche of questions in the chat. When there are staff on they struggle to keep up and I can most certainly help in this regard. As it is I try and answer what I can. I rarely see a question I cannot answer after my hours on the server.

I am also very active on the server and would hope to be a familiar face for players that they knew they could trust with any problems or issues. I believe that unlike many players I would have the ability to build that bond of trust with the player base. I will never be a staff member who rarely comes on and is relatively unknown by the active community. As long as I am a staff member at Manacube, I keep myself an active player. I also believe that this won't be a chore for me as I genuinely get loads of enjoyment out of the gamemode itself.

Lastly I WANT to make a difference. My goal as a staff member would be just that. I would go above and beyond to improve Manacube in whatever ways I could. I believe the position of staff member would further the passion I have for building a better Manacube, one that I could truly say I had influence in shaping and refining. I would have an obsessive goal of creating the best environment possible for players.

Please explain what you believe the role of a staff member is.
I have already alluded to this in previous statements, but to simplify it I will say this. I believe the job of a staff member is 90% in the helping of players (especially new ones). The other 10% goes to dealing with issues, such as infractions and rule breakers.
As a staff member you are a face of the community. Go to a toxic community and they will most likely have toxic staff. Go to a server like Manacube and you will find friendly and helpful staff, which is reflected in the player base. I understand this to the full extent and when in public will act at all times as a role model for players.
Something I really truly believe in is the thing about new players. Should I become a member of staff, I will likely devote more time than most staff members to helping these players. Helping them to learn, helping them to have fun and if needs be helping them by simply being their friend. That way they'll always have one on the server.

Are you able to use recording software?
Yes. I have OBS installed.

Anything else we should know?
Although the forums don't show it for some reason I am VIP rank. As for discord, I'm on almost everyday.

You are aware that all information provided must be true, and if found to be false, will result in an automatic rejection of this application
Yes

Last edited:
Ratings
Hi!
I would give your application a +1, you obviously surpass the 700 limit and I understand you are working on the amouny of forums posts!! You very much a friendly and active player, I love to see you on and even with your short time on mana you have, very kind in chat and always willing to help! I hope you make the cut, would be amazing to see the man with 14 es make it in.

Heeeeeeeeeeeeeee

VIP
heeeeeeeeeeeeee
heeeeeeeeeeeeee
VIP
Ratings
Hi!
I would give your application a +1, you obviously surpass the 700 limit and I understand you are working on the amouny of forums posts!! You very much a friendly and active player, I love to see you on and even with your short time on mana you have, very kind in chat and always willing to help! I hope you make the cut, would be amazing to see the man with 14 es make it in.
:) That's really kind ranged. As for my 85 hours, I'm committed to getting that up staff or not.

Last edited: